Web Accessibility 101: The Design
Training topics include: This e-Learning course provides an understanding of web accessibility in design elements in wireframe and copy. Information in this course covers how Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) affects developers and designers. Examples, best practices and the importance of good design is discussed. Direct links are provided to specific information and guidelines. This course was developed for information technology professionals who want to learn about accessibility and how to build accessibility website or fix current issues.
Who will benefit: This course has been developed specifically for web designers and other IT professionals, this eLearning course provides a basic understanding of web accessibility within the design elements of wireframe and copy. Participants will learn about accessibility features and how to build a more accessible website or fix issues with their current one. The course also covers Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), best practices for using forms, logos, images, presentations, and documents, as well as common pitfalls to avoid. Learning how to make your website friendly toward people with disabilities has never been easier.
What you will learn:
- Label your form elements correctly
- Properly develop drop-down lists
- Make sure your links are descriptive and not repetitive
- Use consistent navigation between pages
- Understand the purpose of mouse rollovers
- Make sure your designs provide sufficient color contrast
- Understand the role of color
- Describe how copy needs to meet accessibility standards