Flexible. Convenient. Interactive.
Disability Etiquette Training for Customers, Co-workers, and Employees Course
Not everyone knows how to interact with people with disabilities. Worse yet, some people think they do and their actions can actually be offensive. Hiring an individual with a disability or someone who may need an accommodation can lead to apprehension among co-workers about how to communicate with their new coworker. Employees that deal with the public can also be unsure of how to interact when they encounter a customer with a disability. Give your team the knowledge and skills they need to create a supportive and welcoming environment that’s inclusive for all.
Presented in a 45-minute eLearning self-paced course, participants will increase their confidence in respectfully interacting with employees or customers with disabilities, and in creating a corporate culture that’s more inclusive to all. Employees will learn more about: disability myths, fears and attitude barriers, appropriate etiquette, seeing beyond the disability and focusing on the ability, service animal etiquette, communicating through an interpreter, decreasing liability exposure, and more. Creating a more inclusive corporate culture or customer experience starts with educating everyone in the organization about being more aware of individuals with disabilities.
- Module 1 – Overview and Defining Individuals with Disabilities
- Module 2 – Individuals with Physical Disabilities
- Module 3 – Etiquette Surrounding Interacting with Individuals with Sensory Disabilities
Objective: Building a fundamental understanding and corporate culture which supports and models inclusion for individuals with disabilities. Establishing appropriate communication guidelines. Creating a comfortable environment and positive experience. This course was developed for co-workers, servicing customers with disabilities and support roles in organizations.
- Learn about myths, fears and attitude barriers
- Learn how to see beyond the disability and focus on ability
- Learn what you can and cannot say or do – disability etiquette tips
- Learn how to communicate through an interpreter
- Learn about service animal etiquette
- Learn how you can make a difference
- Learn how to build a fully inclusive culture
- Enhance communication with people who have disabilities, both employees and current and prospective customers.
- Reduce the barriers and increase the understanding of people with disabilities.
- Sensitize personnel to the issue of disability.
- Facilitate open communication regarding employment issues for people with disabilities.
- Build a sustainable inclusive culture of respect for all.
- Be recognized for socially responsible business practices.
- Ensure a successful disabilities program and experience
- Decrease employment liability exposure
All eLearning Courses
- Compliance Edition: Interviewing and Onboarding Individuals with Disabilities for Hiring Managers Course
- Compliance Edition: Interviewing and Positioning Individuals with Disabilities for Recruiters
- Compliance Edition: OFCCP – Section 503 Directive: Applicant Tracking System – Accessibility or Accommodation
- Disability Etiquette Training for Customers, Co-workers, and Employees Course
- Maximize YOUR Bottom Line with Employment Tax Credits
- Web Accessibility 101: The Design Course
- Web Accessibility 101: The Facts Course
- Web Accessibility eLearning Bundle
- Web Accessibility Starter Kit Bundle