Flexible. Convenient. Interactive.
Compliance Edition: Interviewing and Onboarding Individuals with Disabilities for Hiring Managers Course
So many managers in today’s business world are not trained in disability inclusion. As a result, many organizations miss out on finding qualified talent with disabilities. Give your hiring managers the training they need to look beyond the disability and find the ability in candidates. Significantly increase your organization’s potential to find and hire qualified talent with disabilities, while decreasing your risk at the same time. Get your whole team up to speed on ADA/ADAAA issues before you pass up your next prospective employee of the year simply because they have a disability.
Designed for all management levels within your company, this 45-minute eLearning course will prepare your team to easily navigate and increase their expertise of meeting and interviewing applicants with a variety of disabilities. Managers will learn about: their role in compliance, interviewing individuals with different types of disabilities, the myths and realities of hiring/employing disabled individuals, the benefits, effective managing of diverse work groups, creating a comfortable, inclusive environment for all, and more. Increase your managers’ level of expertise with individuals with disabilities and decrease your risk of exposure.
Length of the course: 45 minute session. This introductory module is appropriate for all management levels within your organization. The module is interactive and provides a solid foundation for successfully recruiting and hiring people with disabilities
Objective: Preparing your management team to easily navigate and gain a comfort level meeting and interviewing applicants with a variety of disabilities. Creating a focus on interviewing based on the skills and qualifications required for the position. Developing a fundamental understanding of accommodations, myths and realities of hiring/employing individuals with disabilities. Creating a comfortable environment for all.
- Brief understanding of OFCCP compliance and disability
- Learn about your own fears and attitudes
- Learn how to conduct an interview with someone who is blind, deaf or in a wheelchair
- What you need to know about hidden disabilities
- Learn what you can and cannot say or do in an interview – legal vs. illegal questions
- Learn how to be fully inclusive in your role as a leader
- Learn how to be at ease and professional
- Identify and hire the best qualified individuals
- Learn how to be an effective manager of a diverse work group
- Build a sustainable inclusive culture for all
- Develop a competitive hiring and recruiting process
- Decrease employment liability exposure
- Onboarding considerations
All eLearning Courses
- Compliance Edition: Interviewing and Onboarding Individuals with Disabilities for Hiring Managers Course
- Compliance Edition: Interviewing and Positioning Individuals with Disabilities for Recruiters
- Compliance Edition: OFCCP – Section 503 Directive: Applicant Tracking System – Accessibility or Accommodation
- Disability Etiquette Training for Customers, Co-workers, and Employees Course
- Maximize YOUR Bottom Line with Employment Tax Credits
- Web Accessibility 101: The Design Course
- Web Accessibility 101: The Facts Course
- Web Accessibility eLearning Bundle
- Web Accessibility Starter Kit Bundle