Flexible. Convenient. Interactive.
Compliance Edition: Interviewing and Positioning Individuals with Disabilities for Recruiters
With compliance regulations such as CRF 60.741.44 (J), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, reaching and recruiting people with disabilities is a must in today’s business world. But many recruiters do not have the disability knowledge or background to do so effectively. For others, the interviewing process can be an awkward experience at best. Knowing what questions to ask and, more importantly, how to ask them is vital to discovering qualified candidates, especially when interviewing those with disabilities. Possessing the right knowledge can help your organization hire qualified candidates with disabilities, as well as creating a positive environment and more inclusive workplace.
In this 45-minute eLearning, self-paced course, recruiters and HR support staff will gain a solid foundation for the successful interviewing and positioning of individuals with disabilities. Your talent acquisition team will increase their knowledge and expertise of: their role in OFCCP and disability regulations, disability etiquette, interviewing techniques and questions for those with disabilities, forms of hidden disabilities, disclosure and requests for accommodations, positioning a candidate with an obvious disability, building a sustainable, more inclusive culture, decreasing employment liability exposure, and more. Increase the level of expertise for everyone on your recruiting and HR teams today and expand your talent pool.
Length of the course: 45 minute session. This introductory module is appropriate for all members of your recruiting and talent acquisition teams. The module is interactive and provides a solid foundation for successfully interviewing individuals with disabilities.
Objective: Preparing your recruiting team to easily navigate and gain a comfort level meeting and interviewing applicants with a variety of disabilities. Creating a comfortable environment for all.
- Brief understanding of OFCCP compliance and disability
- Learn about your own fears and attitudes
- Learn how to conduct an interview with someone who is blind, deaf or in a wheelchair
- What you need to know about hidden disabilities
- Learn what you can and cannot say or do – legal vs illegal questions
- Learn about disclosure and requests for accommodations
- Learn how to be at ease and professional
- Learn how to position the qualified candidate in an unbiased way
- Identify and hire the best qualified individuals
- Help put hiring managers at ease by focusing on abilities
- Build a sustainable inclusive culture for all
- Develop a competitive hiring and recruiting process
- Decrease employment liability exposure
All eLearning Courses
- Compliance Edition: Interviewing and Onboarding Individuals with Disabilities for Hiring Managers Course
- Compliance Edition: Interviewing and Positioning Individuals with Disabilities for Recruiters
- Compliance Edition: OFCCP – Section 503 Directive: Applicant Tracking System – Accessibility or Accommodation
- Disability Etiquette Training for Customers, Co-workers, and Employees Course
- Maximize YOUR Bottom Line with Employment Tax Credits
- Web Accessibility 101: The Design Course
- Web Accessibility 101: The Facts Course
- Web Accessibility eLearning Bundle
- Web Accessibility Starter Kit Bundle